Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Eighth posting - race

It seems like all the upfront, exciting stuff about looking for a house easily falls to the side when financing comes in. For me, it should have come in earlier. I have approached this whole process with the cavalier attitude of: "I have some money set aside and will use that for a deposit, fees, moving costs, etc. I'm sure it will be enough when I get good terms on a mortgage. I have healthy earning potential and good credit. It will be fine." Turns out that it may be fine -- but I have to put pencil to paper and write everything down. And I have to find the time to do that. I suppose the expectation that I'll find something in a couple of days at the same time that I get my financial assumptions in order is not so true. Saga continues.

This Sunday was biathlon Number 2 in Central Park. Very crappy conditions -- I don't think it hit 40 degrees until several hours after the race -- and it was rainy. My time was slightly behind last October (1:15:54 vs 1:14:29) but I improved relative to competition. Overall I came in 81st (top 25%). Last fall I was 127. Only 9 women beat me -- i don't know if this is good or bad. Unfortunately the next age group is bigger and more competitive. I think a 1:10 is not out of the question this summer! Overall though, not bad considering I'd ridden outside once since November...

Gotta ride! NATHAN

No comments: