Friday, September 30, 2005

Forty-first posting - error

First, let me clear something up. MY FAVORITE MOVIE is Romancing The Stone. I neglected to include this on my Top 10 list of movies because of its unique status and because I'd rhetorically asked myself: "Isn't it everyone's favorite movie?" Evidently not.

Second, today I'm leaving for a weekend with my parents. I made the reservation early in the summer and hadn't looked at it since then. Yesterday I started looking at prices for a cab from the office to the Westchester airport, and then home from the airport. Costs were higher than parking, but it's always nice to have someone else drive. By the end of the day, I'd printed out my boarding passes, and concluded that I would drive.

Last night, Dad called and asked when I was arriving. I told him I didn't remember exactly, but it was the afternoon flight from Chicago. Maybe 5:30? He asked about traffic to La Guardia on Fridays, and I said it was Westchester. Then I checked my calendar...

I don't know how many of you are familiar with the Mercedes TV ad in the NY/NJ/CT area, in which a woman and man are speeding in a car from Manhattan to JFK airport because the man is late for a flight. They whip into the airport, he jumps out of the car and looks at his ticket. He stops abruptly, turns around and runs back to the car -- yelling at the woman, "La Guardia...LA GUARDIA!"

Every once in a while it's a good idea to think about what you're doing....

Have a good weekend. Go Sooners! NATHAN

No comments: