Thursday, January 26, 2006

Fifty-fourth posting - list

I’ve passed the week hump. They didn’t give me anything in celebration – no pen, no dumbbell, no preacher curl attachment – although my car just arrived from CT on a flatbed truck, so I get to see Little Pepe in a few minutes. License plates outside of OR, WA or CA are a rarity. Even more rare will be my Ithaca is Gorgeous sticker.

For those of you who were asking, the good things so far about my job:
Gym has the best equipment money can buy
Casual atmosphere but still performance-oriented
Not as many Type-A personalities as NYC area
My admin is smart, helpful and efficient
The businesses I manage are ripe with opportunity
Great cafeteria
Cool environment
No one expects me to do anything but gather information and ask questions.

The bad things:
I still don’t have a stapler
I’m in a wide open cubicle
Fewer cynics and super-strong personalities (as far as I can tell)
Just because it’s not raining inside doesn’t mean I forget that it’s raining
Average indoor temperature feels like 60 degrees
Company makes the most popular bikes for Spinning but doesn’t offer Spinning classes (yet)

That’s all for now. No update for you on housing, although I did see what seemed like a great place yesterday, although it was a little too far from shops, bars, restaurants. If I have to settle, I’ll do it after a couple of months of looking…

Have a great non-rainy weekend. NATHAN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come on Nathan, the rain isn't that bad. I have to say however that this year is pretty abnormal. I have lived here most of my life and the rain is bringing me down. I'm glad you are getting settled. I know some peeps down there so you need to contact me when you get the chance. Okay!! Col & I are looking forward to seeing you.
Jen
craftygirl68@yahoo.com