Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Fifty-fifth posting - attention

Have you ever had a pain or ache that just would not go away? My tooth (the one associated with my former dentist and his receptionist/floozie/wife) has created a nice, throbbing pain that I can't take my mind off of. I think it actually is contributing to a form of mental disorder - my attention span is half of what it normally is (sure, go ahead and laugh), I am obsessed with trying to figure out how to remedy it (without actually going to a dentist), and I now only eat on the left side of my mouth. Freak I am, yes.

After a nice long weekend back in CT to see good friends and watch over my condo being packed and moved, I returned to the office with a killer headache and a boss who decided to be Chatty Cathy for the first time. Honestly, what I mostly heard him say was, "We should start to think about throb-throb-throb, and maybe you could throb-throb-throb. The sales meetings throb-throb-throb..." And I was trying really hard to listen. After getting 3 dentists' names, I found one who could take me tomorrow, the first dental appointment I've ever really looked forward to.

Tomorrow I head out for a few days near Denver where many of the sales and R&D folks are based. No time to ski, but plenty of time to figure out to do it next time. Too bad the only person I know will be in CA.

Friends, I don't wish this tooth pain on anyone. If was as boring a posting as I'm afraid it was, blame the tooth. Ha! NATHAN

No comments: