Friday, February 24, 2006

Fifty-ninth posting - fish

Yo. After visits to more than 40 houses, treks through neighborhoods far and near, and a trail of now-scattered MLS listings, I FINALLY FOUND A HOUSE. At this point, I don't know who is more excited, me or my real estate agent. The place went on the market on Monday afternoon, Stephanie (the Agent), called me and demanded that I meet here there in an hour. I saw the listing (looked good) and the priced (looked low), so I met her. Saw it, made an offer that night, wrote a brown-nosing, "Gosh, I love your place" letter - and my bid was accepted.

Right away, I realized the place was near perfect. It's in a neighborhood I like (Beaumont-Wilshire), with a nice central area, SBUX, 2 dog shops, gourmet food shop, and a few great restaurants. There are three bedrooms, 1 bath, warm wood floors, a fireplace, great backyard with landscaping, including a "water feature" with goldfish. I just learned of the goldfish at today's inspection, so maybe I'll add them to the contract (along with a Fix the Roof or I'm Backing Out clause...). Actually the roof is going to be a wee bone of contention, as the owners just got an estimate and the remarks were that it would be fine for next 3-5 yrs. I am paying enough for the place, that they'll have to figure it out. Oh, best part, a Bose speaker system installed in the living and dining rooms, and kitchen. Booming sounds, ya!

Have a great weekend - and any advice on care for outdoor goldfish is more than welcome. NATHAN

No comments: