Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Twenty-sixth posting - Murphy

Unfortunately, the magic from Millie’s fingers didn’t last long. Although Saturday was a great dinner group and a terrific night of schnitzel and fun, I feel like I’ve spent my days since then packing, painting, and growing more and more stressed about the Big Move.

Yesterday was particularly fun – late afternoon, my plumber was supposed to come by and install my recently purchased shower and bath fixtures. Because nothing is supposed to go right with my move, he told me (a) that I’d bought shower fixtures without the bath parts, and (b) he couldn’t do the job for me because he didn’t have time. Nice. I made some calls, left some messages, but went to sleep hoping that overnight, this would resolve itself. As I dropped off my car at the shop this morning (why wouldn’t my air conditioner have broken now??), I got a call back from a new plumber – so this may actually have been solved.

But wait, kids, there’s more! This afternoon, my floor guy called and told me that 7 of the 55 tiles he needed for the kitchen floor were broken, so tomorrow he won’t be able to grout everything. He assures me that the tiles under the appliances will be done before my new appliances arrive. I’m sure they won’t be, so my dream kitchen will have to wait.

And, five minutes later the car people called to tell me the parts I need won’t be in until tomorrow. Of course. Fortunately, I get a free rental (with kick-ass cold A/C), so it doesn’t matter that much.

Tomorrow the bathroom guy is supposed to get most of the way done with the shower tiles, so perhaps by Friday he’ll be done, and I Saturday I can use it. Or perhaps I will be showering in the parking lot... NATHAN

No comments: