Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Seventy-third posting - dumb

So today I was supposed to go to court for my accident this summer (kid drove through stop sign, hit me, turned car 180 degrees, totaled mine and his, and then took off). Everything’s been taken car of, but the DA didn’t know that my insurance company had already paid me for my deductible – and will get that $ from his insurance company. Had the DA known, it would have been closed – but she never really asked me beforehand, and I’d never been to court before, and all of this we discussed on the phone. So when I showed up, and the DA was in her early 30s, attractive, well-dressed and clearly smart, I felt like a gigantic idiot for not knowing this. She didn’t make me feel dumb – I brought that upon myself – and unfortunately, it didn’t seem appropriate for me to ask for her number. Alas, better luck next accident. NATHAN

No comments: